Vital organic matter and soil nutrients are often destroyed and mined out because of the overuse of chemical inputs, soil erosion, nutrient runoff, and unsustainable farming practices. SumaGrow's microbial formulation restores and maintains soil health and fertility in several ways:
1. Biological Nitrogen Fixation – 95-99% of nitrogen in the soil is in an organic form that is not readily available for uptake by plants. Soilganic with SumaGrow inside, unlocks bound soil nitrogen and absorbs nitrogen from the air for the plant's use.
2. Phosphate Solubilization – Soilganic with SumaGrow inside, solubilizes the bound phosphate and makes it available to the plant in a useable form.
3. Mobilization and Mineralization of Available Plant Nutrients – It is not enough that a soil contains an element. What matters is its availability to plants. Mobilizing and mineralizing soil nutrients, such as bound phosphate, magnesium, and calcium into a form that is available for plant uptake is a vital role of the microorganisms and humic acid contained in Soilganic with SumaGrow inside,.
4. Phytohormone Production – Phytohormones are plant growth regulators which enhances the growth of the plant at different stages. This gives crops treated with Soilganic with SumaGrow inside,the opportunity to reach optimum growth and yield.
5. Saprophytic Competence – Soilganic with SumaGrow inside, has a high saprophytic competence. This helps the microbes to compete with and overcome native soil microbes and allows them to perform their intended, beneficial functions.
6. Soil pH – Soilganic with SumaGrow inside, promotes a gradient of optimal pH under extreme environmental conditions.
(Bio Soil Enhancer's Director of Research and Development and co-inventor of SumaGrow, Dr. Lalithakumari Janarthanam)
SumaGrow helps to restore and maintain soil health and fertility.
Products containing SumaGrow can increase crop yields, reduce fertilizer dependence, and increase the nutritional values of food and forage crops.
SumaGrow's microbial formulation is suspended in an organic humic acid carrier which acts as a carbon food source.
For organic production, Bio Soil Enhancers, Inc. has a SumaGrow formulation that is OMRI Listed.